Monday, January 16, 2012

2008 My first Tahitian Drum and Tahitian Ukulele

August 28, 2008 was the time that I started to learn more about Tahiti. I attended workshop with Tahitian artist/ Teachers to learned their culture. I took Basic Tahitian, Ote'a, Aparima and the Tahitian instruments! Really exciting....but all muscle pain...LOL

My first time to meet the famous Tapu Arii..."Je Te Promets" beautiful song. Our first Aparima Dance choreograph by Cycy.(Ms. Tahiti 2010)

2009 we performed this beautiful mele at Tokyo Odaiba.  Our first time to performed  Tahitian Aparima.
It was the time that I went back from the Philippines after Tatay funeral. Short time of practicing and rehearsing. I was a very sad time to leave the Philippines. And I was so grateful the my work makes me very busy and inspired to know that Tatay is supporting me and guiding me in my everyday.
 This is my first Tahitian drum I need concentrations. 
 Musicians and drummer for Ote'a
 Here they are... 
 Tapu Arii

Short video....



 They are all good. I am glad that I have Ukulele back ground.


It was really fun sing with the famous....exciting experiences!

 Very nice voice....






 Look I am half of his size.

No comments:

Post a Comment